Friday, September 18, 2009

Join me in this, ok?

So, I admit this love thing isn't originally my idea. Most (I say most only because I am not qualified to say "all") religions and spiritual paths really endorse love as a practice. "Love for God" or "Love for your fellow man" or even "Love for the other people who are from your same religion" are all touted across the board as a pretty good thing. If one was able to actually break free from one's egoistic viewpoint, then the energy of  unconditional acceptance and simultaneous dynamic participation would be inevitable.

I want to really invite you to join me. I know it's hard to remember something like "LOVE" while you are working and running around town, going for a hike, or making your dinner and watching a movie. If you can step out of your normal mindset and just start talking to yourself in a different way, you are doing it. I started this idea just out of the simple method I listed in my previous post. " I love you walking lady". " I love you guy driving the green Honda". Like that.

So often our mental chatter is just pulling us deeper into whatever kind of neurosis we are into right then. Have you ever noticed what you think about when you are sick? I tend to think something like" Oh, I'm sick", "I feel like crap", "I can't deal with anything right now, I'm sick" and so on. Usually just spiraling myself down into a lot of suffering. In fact, even if I didn't start out sick, I can certainly tap in and tune in to being SICK. Participating in this can help you get out of a lot of mental wallowing, not even just around sickness but judgement of others and yourself.

If you do deceide to try it, I invite you to post your experience in the comments section. It's bound to make you feel good at least temporarily even if you just laugh at yourself for being silly ("I love you naked guy!")!It's also cheaper than any of those MLM vitamins, you'll never run out and you'll feel good at the drop of a hat.
That's my commercial for love. We need to flood the airwaves with 'em.

1 comment: