Monday, October 5, 2009

Pollyanna ? Nope.

A friend commented about this blog to me the other day and the gist of her comment was that she thought this blog was a bit 'pollyanna-ish'. For the record, I'd like to address it.

When I see a middle aged woman wearing a shirt with Winnie the Pooh on it, I cringe and wonder about their level of maturity. Perhaps this blog is like that. Maybe that woman just doesn't care what other's think about her fashion sense anymore and just wants to look at a cartoon character that makes her feel good. Of course, I value peoples' opinions, especially those of my friends but just like that mushball woman, I want to feel good.

A while back, when I was having some chronic pain issues, I discovered that it is impossible for me to sing and feel pain at the same time. Again, one must throw convention out the window here, but with enough pain, that's not a problem. My theory is that the resonance (vibration) created in the body actually causes the firing neurons to loose their focus because the vibration feels so good.

Getting yourself into a 'love state' seems to work in a similar resonant way, although one is able to carry on without stares and potential stays at hospital facilities for the hopelessly happy. In fact one could easilly entertain even the most stodgy heads of state without an apparent clue to their cheerful demeanor or inner focus.

I saw and interesting post about a related practice where one resonates different vowels in different orders to achieve different results. It was on a video site called "Aquarius" but you can only register with an invitiation. (Know anyone who can invite me?) Does it work? I don't know but it's kind of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog - 'Grace in Small Things.' Her inaugural post discusses Pollyanna. (Synchronicity for me, but maybe not for you. Everyone lives in their own dream, and all.)

    http://www.schmutzie.com/2008/11/grace-in-small-things.html

    ReplyDelete